- This event has passed.
16th Annual Georgia Teacher Conservation Workshop
June 14, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - June 17, 2021 @ 5:00 pm$50
The Teacher Conservation Workshop (TCW) is a four-day professional development event that uses the forest as a window to environmental education. Activities are led by foresters, biologists, educators, and industry professionals. This interdisciplinary workshop focuses on the environmental, economic, and social benefits of Georgia’s forestry and wildlife communities.
TCW emphasizes the importance of conservation of our natural resources, with special attention given to Georgia’s wildlife, forests, forest products and water. Participants will learn hands-on practical exercises designed to supplement their classroom curricula and student projects. Certification in Projects Learning Tree, WET and WILD is awarded at the completion of the workshop.
COVID Protocols for the 2021 Workshop
The Georgia Teacher Conservation Workshop is planning for a safe, educational, and fun in-person event this year. To ensure the safety of our participants, staff, and volunteers, a COVID-19 safety plan will be in place. These safety measures include:
- Maintaining 6-feet social distance between participants during sessions and meals.
- Strongly encouraging participants to wear a mask, especially when less than 6-feet apart.
- Limiting two people per lodge room and all beds will be set 6-feet apart.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be set up in all meeting spaces.
- Meals will be cafeteria style; buffet-style will no longer be offered.
- Regular cleaning and disinfection of restrooms and tables after each session/meal.
- Regular cleaning and disinfection of equipment after each session.
If you have any questions or concerns related to the COVID-19 precautions, please contact Kim Morris-Zarneke, TCW Co-Chair.