PreK-8 Environmental Education Activity Guide: Online Only Professional Development
July 26 - December 31$34.99
Use the environment to engage your students in learning – both outside and indoors – in urban, suburban, or rural settings.
Project Learning Tree’s multi-disciplinary activities are designed to develop students’ critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills. PLT teaches students how to think, not what to think about the environment.
Our hands-on activities make teaching and learning fun! Lesson plans are flexible and can be easily incorporated into existing curriculum or nonformal education programs. The activities are inquiry-based with an emphasis on STEM, and are correlated to state and national academic standards.
Independent evaluators determined PLT increases students’ knowledge, reasoning, and academic skills. Join the 750,000 educators across the country who use PLT’s award-winning materials with their students.
1. PLT’s PreK-8 Environmental Education Activity Guide
- 96 hands-on, multidisciplinary activities integrate core subjects like science, reading, writing, mathematics, and social studies.
- Each activity includes correlations to state academic standards, Common Core State Standards, and supports the Next Generation Science Standards’ three dimensional approach.
- Features of the 480-page guide include literature connections; technology extensions; cooperative learning; differentiated instruction; and tools to assess student learning.
- Topics include forests, wildlife, water, air, energy, waste, climate change, invasive species, community planning, and more.
- Relevant background information provides teachers with science content to effectively teach each activity’s topic.
2. Online Professional Development Course
- 7 coursels (each a 20–30-minute learning experience)
- Engaging and interactive learning experiences demonstrate select PLT activities with simulations and video demonstrations
- Lesson planning exercises help you plan how to facilitate activities with your students in your own setting
The online course can be completed in your own time, wherever you are, as long as you have internet access. The complete course is approximately 4 hours.
Review this course Welcome Letter for more information.